Since 1985, the museum has received nearly 10 million visitors from more than 110 countries, including more than 90 party and state leaders. In 1994, on the 100th anniversary of the Sino Japanese Sino Japanese War of 1894-1895, the museum now has open tourist attractions such as the governor's office, Dragon King Temple, Ding Ruchang's residence, Beiyang naval officers and men's memorial hall, Navy Academy, Donghong fort, rear fort of the office, and Qidingshan Fort. The total area of the wax sculpture scene is more than 100000 square meters. At present, there are more than 1000 historical photos, more than 200 pieces of cultural relics of the Beiyang Navy and the Sino Japanese War of 1894-1895, and more than 300 pieces of ship relics have been salvaged. The Museum of the Sino Japanese War of 1894-1895 is a special management and protection institution in the memorial area of the Sino Japanese war. It has 28 historical sites of the Beiyang Navy and the Sino Japanese war. In January 1988, the memorial site of the Sino Japanese war in Liugong Island was announced by the State Council as a national key cultural relics protection unit. With rich historical sites and distinctive display features, the museum has attracted a large number of visitors at home and abroad. Since its establishment, it has been rated as "national excellent social education base", "National Youth patriotism education base" and "100 patriotic education demonstration bases". With its unique display, the Museum of the Sino Japanese War of 1894-1895 has become an important place for posterity to pay homage to the hometown of the 1894-1895, respect the patriotic officers and soldiers, remember the historical lessons, and accept the patriotic education. Millions of audiences have absorbed the spirit of patriotism and produced great social benefits.
The Beiyang naval commander's office on Liugong Island is one of the important historic sites in Weihai. In 1887, the imperial court established the Beiyang Navy, and set up the governor's office on the island. It was also known as the commander's office of the Beiyang Navy.
Facing the sea, facing the north and facing the south, the Tidu office covers an area of 10000 square meters. It is an ancient building complex with brick and wood structure. There are three courtyards along the central axis, which are divided into front, middle and back halls. The conference hall is in the front, the banquet hall is in the middle, and the sacrificial hall is in the back. There is a corridor connecting the East and the West. The left and right turrets in front of the gate are Mingjin, playing music and lookout. The East and west sides are Yuanmen. The whole building with cornice and painting is magnificent. The residence of Ding Ruchang, the commander-in-chief, is 200 meters southwest of the Governor General's office. During the Sino Japanese naval battle in 1894, Beiyang Navy fought fiercely with Japanese aggressors in the Yellow Sea. Ding Ruchang and Deng Shichang, the commander of the ship, fought bravely and died bravely in the end.
It is also responsible for the management and protection of 28 former sites of the Beiyang Navy, including Longwang temple, Navy Academy, and Beiyang naval officers and soldiers Memorial Hall. In 1988, it was announced as a national key cultural relics protection unit by the State Council, and was rated as the "national patriotic education demonstration base".
The museum has been named "national excellent social education base", "national youth education base", "national patriotic education base for primary and secondary schools" and "national patriotic education demonstration base" by the State Administration of cultural relics, the Central Committee of the Communist Youth League, and the Central Propaganda Department of the state.
There are a large number of precious cultural relics in the museum. Two giant naval guns, each weighing more than 20 tons, are the only ones left in the world. Through the forms of exhibition, film and television, the historical relics of the year were vividly reappeared, such as the Beiyang, the model, the war and so on. There are 22 exhibitions, with an indoor display area of 5000 square meters and 6 scenic spots with an area of more than 60000 square meters. The museum is open all the year round, and does not close at noon. It is equipped with civilized clothes and provides circular explanation and tour guide service.